Translate

June 1, 2013

Take a Break

I write this as I sit gearing up for a busy, fun-filled weekend. I’m excited and looking forward to the various events, but I’ve also had to fight myself a little on the fact that, no, I won’t be getting any work done. As far as my work life goes, I’m a bit of a workaholic – or so a few people around me say – but the thing is, a lot of the work I do I really enjoy. So I sit here getting my head in a space of allowing fun just for the sake of it. Not because it’s productive, not for the sense of accomplishment, but just plain ol’ FUN. It’s freaking me out a little bit, but I’m determined to forge ahead and enjoy every minute.

As Spring begins to turn to Summer, what can you do to slow things down a bit and allow some play time? As much as I like to work, I also know I’m much easier to be around when not in hyper-spastic mode, and I’m rededicating myself balance. It feels pretty good the more I sit with that idea. Will you join me?

Much Love.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

From Over There:
“Take time to enjoy. Allow life to unfold. Balance action with receiving. To be in constant action toward a desired outcome does not allow the joys of each moment to present themselves in ways that can be appreciated or valued. To live without acknowledgement of present time is to disconnect from life as it unfolds. This disconnect creates detachment from true self and with those around you.  Balance between active pursuit and allowing of outcome creates a more harmonious and fruitful existence.”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Featured Guest: Jeff Davidson
A world that consists of human “doings” – not human beings – scurrying about to get things done, with no sense of breathing space, is not a place where you or I would likely want to live. I don’t want to be part of a culture of overwhelmed individuals who can’t manage their own spaces or the spaces common to everyone. I don’t want to live in a society, or a world, of time-pressed people who have nothing left to leave for future generations. My guess is that you don’t either. 

I choose – I hope – to live in a society composed of people leading balanced lives, with rewarding careers, happy home lives, and enough breathing space to enjoy themselves. I’m convinced that for much of the world, the pace of life will speed up even more. So the future will belong to those people who steadfastly choose to maintain control of their lives, effectively draw upon their resourcefulness and imagination, and help others to do the same. To learn more please visit work-lifebalance.com.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

If you'd like more information, to book an appointment, or check out the current class schedule, please visit molliejensen.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment