Translate

May 11, 2014

Mystery Gift

I have to admit to being a bit of a control freak from time-to-time (those closest to me are probably going, “uh…ya think?”). I like to plan things out and usually start my day with a checklist in my head of what I want to accomplish, even on my days off. I only tell you this, because I want you to know that if you are at all challenged with staying present and not having a running to-do list in your head at any given moment I completely understand where you’re coming from.

Wanting to have everything figured out and planned out all the time is like trying to control the sometimes uncontrollable. We can’t always know what’s going to happen, who’s going to show up, or when it will occur. Not all of the time, anyway. For those of us who like things neatly stacked and organized this can be a challenge, but it can also be a gift. It can be a gift in reminding us that life is constantly changing, never static, and meant to be fluid. Adjusting the sails and allowing the ship to change course here and there when we don’t yet see land on the horizon doesn’t have to be scary. It can actually be exciting, exhilarating and liberating. So this week allow yourself to revel in the mystery. I myself am going to do my best to let go of the wheel and see where I land.

Weeeeeeee!

With Love.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

From Over There: 5.11.14 Weekly Forecast
There is an undercurrent of mystery. Do not allow frustration at the inability to see the end result override your sense of accomplishment. Use this time to practice presence and appreciation for each moment as it unfolds.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Featured Question:
Q: How do we better practice being present and in the moment? Especially when doing something we don’t necessarily enjoy?
A. Understand that each moment is a gift, and that in each moment there is something to be grateful for. Listen deeply to the words spoken of those around you as they are expressed. Look directly into their eyes and see them as they speak. Listen.

If experiencing a situation that feels unpleasant to you, be aware of your breath and body. Breathe deeply and release tension from the body. Allow yourself to shift perspective. Doing so will lessen the degree of feelings of unpleasantness. The practice of presence releases worry and fear of the future and removes the tarnish of the past that cloud the present. Let this be your way of being.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………


NOTE: If you have a question that you'd like a channeled answer to, please send it in. I'll first respond privately and then post the answer in this blog when it best matches the week’s topic. Thanks & Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment