Translate

February 15, 2015

Why Settle?

I love a good bargain. There’s nothing like getting something for a great price – if it’s a thing you want in the first place, anyway. I’ll be honest with you, I’ve had some lean years and trying to raise a kid as a single parent can be quite a challenge. The reason I tell you this is because it set up in me a pattern of ultra bargain shopping to make ends meet which oftentimes meant that I’d forego what I really wanted for something less expensive. This also meant that I usually ended up feeling like what I truly wanted was always out of reach.

And how this all ties into this week’s message has to do with settling for something that feels less than rewarding and how that can create a block to getting what you really want. Thankfully I’ve been able to get out of habit of constantly denying myself a few things – even paying full price (gasp!) now and then.  And although I still love a good bargain, I don’t let an inexpensive price be the deciding factor of whether I allow myself to have something or not. This also relates to settling at work and in relationships. No more dead-end jobs, unhappy or abusive relationships, or cubic zirconia if you want diamonds…margarine if you want butter…you get the idea.

With Love

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

From Over There: 2.15.15 Weekly Focus

Q: How does settling for less than what we really want impact our getting what we really want?

A: To settle for that which is less desirable than what is originally desired sends a message to Universal life force that you do not view your desires as important. Whether it be a material item or the desired actions of another, to encourage one’s own happiness and wellbeing it is important to set an intention for the outcome of the desire, even if it is not available in the time in which one wishes it.


If one settles for a lesser desired item, a less respectful behavior from another, or for anything that does not in some way meet the requirements of the desire, it leaves one feeling unfulfilled. This sets in motion the unconscious belief that you cannot truly have want you desire. To have patience and openness to when and how a desire manifests leads to fulfillment in one’s life and the potential for greater material wealth and happier relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment